Reasons why monitoring your sleep patterns is important (and these are just a handful!):
- We don’t sleep the same way every night, so a single snapshot of your sleep may miss important information.
- If you were trying a program such as weight loss or side-sleeping, you could track improvements in your sleep patterns.
- If you decided to keep a regular schedule and make other changes in your bedtime routine, you could track your improvement in sleep efficiency and continuity.
- If your health status changed or you were started on new medications, you could monitor yourself for changes in sleep patterns.
- If you were already on a program for sleep such as CPAP or a dental device, you could check for stability over time.