Thank you for your time today! What happens next?
Upcoming steps for your Home Sleep Apnea Test (HSAT):
- A sleep study kit has been ordered and will be shipped via FedEx from a company named CleveMed. It should arrive in 2-6 business days after your appointment. CleveMed will send you a text with tracking information. Note: the device return is through USPS, NOT FedEx.
- Please wear the testing device within 3 days of receiving it. Failure to do so may affect your claim.
- Note: You may receive a second “appointment” reminder from QTC approximately one week after your initial appointment. Please note: You will not receive any further calls from Somnology. This is simply a reminder to complete your sleep study ASAP and return it if you have not already done so.
- Mail the testing device back to CleveMed through the US postal service (USPS) with the provided return shipping envelope on the day following your sleep study.
- Once the device is returned to CleveMed, your sleep study will be interpreted by Dr. Lim, who is a board certified sleep specialist, and a report will be provided to QTC within one week.
Issues or questions regarding the device:
- This video will guide you through the set up of the device and the general procedure. Note: you do NOT need to sleep on your back unless you normally do.
- If needed, each device can be worn for a second night of testing. An extra battery is included in your test kit for this purpose.
- Believe you have a technical issue or lost your return envelope? Call CleveMed at 844-753-3709 or email email@example.com.
Regarding your results:
- QTC will forward your sleep report to the VA/Medical Officer for your records once your claim has been finalized. After this point you can obtain your results from the VA and pursue any recommended treatments.
- The VA should reach out to you about your results; however, you may choose to reach out to them proactively.
- You can call 1-800-827-1000 and ask for “health benefits advisors” to see if your report is available for review and check on the status of your claim
- More resources are available on the VA Medical Records (https://www.va.gov/health-care/get-medical-records/), Veterans Benefits Administration (http://www.benefits.va.gov), and VA Claim Status (https://www.va.gov/claim-or-appeal-status/) websites
- Please note that QTC, Somnology, Redwood Pulmonary Medical Associates, and CleveMed are not permitted to disclose your test results directly to you. You must work with the VA to obtain your results and further recommendations.
Alternatively, if you would like to seek treatment and follow-up care for your sleep disorder with the clinical team at RPMA, please call (650) 367-5636 to make an appointment. Dr. Lim holds a medical license in over 30 states and her team may be able to accept you as a patient, depending on your insurance.
Thank you again and be well,
Melissa Lim, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Somnology, Inc. and the Staff at RPMA